Sunday 16 October 2011

The meaning of Nationalism

To begin with, Nationalism means 'not to cooperate with non-Nationalist organisations whose aim is the destruction of all traces of Nationalism.'

It is extremely sad to see those we called fellow Nationalists using smears fabricated by Marxist organizations and by those who want the demise of Nationalism.

Without mentioning names, I usually check Internet blogs of all political persuasions, those of the Left, those of the Centre and those of the Right. In order to know where everybody stands and to learn about what is being said, it is essential that 'we keep an ear on the ground'. This Native American expression represents the essence of being in politics.

Some Nationalist organizations have views that could be considered racists or anti-Semitic. They can have whatever views that they choose to have. My view is that Nationalism cannot be defined by xenophobia, homophobia, racism and anti-Semitism.

Love for the country and the people we see and feel as our own is not xenophobia.

Before I was born, there were people of different sexual persuations. During my lifetime, there are people of different sexual persuations. After I am gone, there will be people of different sexual persuations. It is nor for me to go around harassing people because of their sexuality. What they do as consenting adults, as long as it not illegal or harmful to third parties, is not for me to judge.

On the issue of racism, I respect all peoples, regardless of their race or social condition.

On the issue of anti-Semitism, I reckon anti-Semitism is yet another form of racism and I also believe that very often there is anti-Semitism masked as political views.

Therefore, I reckon xenophobia, homophobia, racism and anti-Semitism have nothing to do with Nationalism. This is my position and outside in the real world there will be all kinds of opposing views.   

No comments:

Post a Comment